Wednesday, February 1, 2012

We've had a facelift

I've wanted to experiment on a new look for this blog for a little while. If you've come by here throughout the day yesterday, you would have noticed a few things changing and looking out of place. My apologies for the bad housekeeping, lol!, and thank you for bearing with me during this learning curve.

When I started, I'd found a lovely pale blue damask, but it looked too cold for the feeling I wanted here. So, I've settled on this for while now, having played with HTML codes enough to give me a headache.

I still need to learn how to put my signature into the template. At the moment I'm adding it to the most recent posts, individually. I guess I'll sort that on another date.

The other thing to learn is how to add tabs to the top of the blog. There's no time to learn about that right now, but it will be something I plan to do in the future.

Anyway, I hope you like it. A little bit old fashioned, with a bit of antiquity in the header, some warm colours and a 'not so obvious' music theme.

Thank you for dropping by!

9 comments:

Susan said...

Like the new look. ;0)
There are a couple of different ways to do the tabs, not hard at all, you can do a search for tutorials and get instructions.

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Thank you Susan. :)

Chareen said...

Looks Good C :) I love the soft hues.

Did you know that blogger now supports threaded commenting ?

It's a two step process but very easy to implement. Make sure you use embeded comment location and save each step :)

http://buzz.blogger.com/2012/01/engage-with-your-readers-through.html

Blessings

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Thanks Chareen.
I tried it, but then it's not allowing me to choose a profile and post my comment. (And it's the same at other people's blogs with the same feature, for some reason .. ??)
So, I'm leaving it as a pop-up for now.
Catherine

Sarah said...

Lovely new look! (-:

Jeanne said...

Love your new theme!

MissMOE said...

I think it is a lovely look! I love redecorating my blog, but it is a lot of work.

Ganeida said...

Absolutely lovely! Very you.

Mel said...

I love your new look! Oh and I can relate to headaches gained from fiddling with widgets and blogger - not fun! I am also amazed at your schedule sheet - so professional looking! I seem to make notes, and scrawl out term plans and then carry them around in my head somewhere - your idea is much better, I may just have to get hubby to teach me how to use spreadsheets! :) Mel x