Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Too many magazines!

I confess, I have become a hoarder of home and garden magazines, plus a few crafty ones tossed in for good measure. I love the inspiration, great pictures and recipes. I like how the children pull them out and get as much fun as I do getting ideas. But when do you say 'enough!'?


I started with the smallest and closest pile on Monday. It was a collection that the library had passed on of the Burke's Backyard magazines.

More inspiration, and a packet of heirloom tomato seeds! I think we'll have to go carefully through each of these magazines and cut out those articles we deem good to keep. No doubling up, and only keeping if we intend to act on them.


Those articles we'll keep will have to live in a display book (which means a trip to the newsagent) so we can read front and back pages if we need to. Those recipes are going to have to get cut out and put into a recipe folder.

This could take me a few months to get through, but I need the room! So, I'm biting the bullet and I'll let you know how I got on. ☺

1 comment:

Lorie said...

What a great idea! I was just looking at my piles of mags the other day wondering what to do with them. Now to find the time...