Monday, May 4, 2009

A fun weekend: sleepovers

We had an absolutely fabulous weekend just gone. Maestro had been invited to spend the night at a friend's for a 10th birthday party. This included a trip on a seaplane, then an outing to the cinemas that night. Whilst he was away, Mariposa asked two girlfriends over to stay for a pyjama party.

At the end of their visiting/having visitors, we headed to my brother's for a housewarming luncheon and caught up on some lovely photos they took whilst travelling Europe (their honeymoon).

We're all very tired today, and now poor Maestro has conjunctivitis. I'm really hoping it all clears up soon and we can avoid the road of antibiotics. Already I'm looking to find a natural remedy, leaning more toward the camomile.

When children are unwell, do you call it a 'school free' day? I find we still do 'read-alouds', and maybe catchup on something creative/hands-on or colouring pages, but the routine of English, Maths, etc. usually gets put on hold if more rest is required. Today is looking like one of those days. So, whilst I'm boiling up a pot of chicken soup, both of the children are happiliy pottering around; Mariposa practicing her dance routines and Maestro resting. I think this may be a great opportunity for me to sit with a book!

No comments: