Saturday, March 24, 2018

10 years ...



Well, hello again!
After 3 years of silence, I wonder who's still 'following' this blog in the hope I'll start writing again?  If you are out there, please do say hello!  I am back and will be sharing more on our family updates, with education, hobbies and other things.

It's been on the cards that Victorian homeschoolers will be reviewed by the Department of Education for some time, and we received notice that letters would be sent out to a selection of families this month.  Then, as anticipated, in the post arrived our letter .. we're one from the first group of families being reviewed!

As a means of providing evidence, as well as the pleasure of sharing how our homeschooling journey has been going, I'm firing up this blog again.  This will be exciting for me, because I know how much we've achieved in the last 3 years since I posted. So, I'll be taking this one step at a time with updates.

I'm nominating Mariposa for this review.  She is now 16 years of age.  16!!  And will be turning 17 in August.  When Maestro was this age he had already mapped out what he was wanting to do for his career and enrolled early in a tertiary course (but more about him later).  I've found it fascinating that Mariposa went through the same stages of refining her interests and following her passions at this age.

So, stay tuned. I'll be preparing to write up details over the next months.

If you're also a homeschooling family who has received a letter advising you about a Homeschooling Review, don't panic!  There's lots of information available.  Check out this post from HEN. HEN has also organised workshops for parents to attend; if you're interested please check their EVENTS page to see if one is being held near you.

No comments: