Friday, July 5, 2013

July 5th Wrap Up (term break)

Wow, did I have a lazy day today!  It's been so lovely slowing down and enjoying the sunshine.  Mariposa and I took a nice long walk to an appointment at 10am, then we did some window shopping and took a bus trip home again.  Then, all afternoon, I just pottered.  I did the dishes when I felt like it, did the laundry .. just enjoyed taking my time with nothing else to rush for all afternoon.

It is term break, after all.  I hope you've all been enjoying some time taking it easy these holidays.

And in order to balance up the way the rest of the week looked, it's fair to say that for most of our time I wasn't so sedate.

We started with an appointment with a dermatologist for Mariposa's eczema on Monday. Poor love's skin has not been improving as quickly as we'd like, even though she's now eating wheat free.  So I've learnt how to do wet dressings to give her more relief before night time, along with some other treatments.

GF cookbooks from our library.

Tuesday took us to the city for the orthodontist .. public transport was fun to navigate whilst the direct railway route is under reconstruction.  Once home again, two more trips away from home before we settled again in the evening.

Wednesday was quiet in the morning, but then Maestro had a meeting with our local librarian.  He's helping organise a special event at the library in November, esp. for Dr Who's 50th anniversary.  Maestro will be helping with the technical work, as well as collaborating with two other young men to come up with the quiz questions.   From the library, it was a dash to my girlfriend's house, where both children stayed whilst I then went to drop the car off for a service.

Thursday and Friday .. no car, and it's actually been lovely. Family and friends have visited us here at home, where we put on a huge pot of my curried pumpkin & honey soup and devonshire tea for lunch.   Dad's been a great help to me with getting some of the heavier part of gardening done.  He also bought me a passionfruit vine to plant over our back pergola .... mmm!

And now ... now I'm reflecting and dreaming of what I want to do next week. Definitely feeling very lazy and enjoying every minute of it!!

Selection of lavenders, rosemary and mints 
to go into the garden on the weekend.


Until next time,

Catherine

No comments: