Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A story of justice: The Stolen Smell


I was remembering a story I'd heard a number of years ago and was trying to retell it to the children.  Isn't it annoying when you can't remember the title of a story to find it again?  Well, I finally found the story: The Stolen Smell.



Better still, I found Leslie Slape telling the story here:


The Theft of a Smell



Did you enjoy that?  Great little tale, isn't it?

I found a copy of the written story in a couple of places.  One is in a book entitles "Tales of Wisdom and Justice" which you may view on google books here.  There is also a teacher's resource book full of similar character teaching strategies: Storytelling and QAR Strategies. (I've just put that one on my wishlist!!)

Until next post!

Catherine

No comments: