Thursday, November 3, 2011

A week of wet weather

Looking over the pictures I put in my last post, I can't believe we were actually enjoying a very warm day at the beach.  Since that change came through, it's been COLD! and wet, all week.

Never mind, because there are some sunny days predicted in the next few days.

The good things this week brought was:

Mangoes!  A bulk supply c/- a friend, which is steadily being devoured.  
I'll start freezing some soon, as they're gradually all getting ripe now.



Mariposa's received her Certificate of Recognition 
for participating in the library's writing competition.


Maestro's been having a go at Math-U-See Pre-Algebra.  There are some gaps that he hasn't covered before, but a lot of it has been revision.  We're putting MUS on trial in our house, and so far Maestro is liking it.  We'll have a better idea of how it 'fits' after a couple more weeks.  
(We're still using Singapore Maths for Mariposa.)


I've ordered 'The Girlhood Companion' for Mariposa, which arrived this week.  She has been trying so hard to be a lovely helper here, and making some special mother/daughter time reading and learning new recipes, etc. will be much fun.  I'm thinking that the monthly Tea Cozy Club may be a good option to try, also, especially if the writings, recipes and crafts are of the same high standard.



Maestro has started making his own website.  
I know ... how did he learn to do that?!  I don't know how to do that!  
All it takes is a friend who already knows and a curious mind to soak up the information apparently.  
He's including podcasts, polls, and a whole lot of other music/technology experiments.


We were also full-swing back into homeschool lessons, dance lessons (only 2 more weeks until the concert!), Papa back to work and my music teaching.  All the good things to keep us busy and our minds off the wet weather.

I hope you've all had a good week!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

One of the few things I miss about living in far north Queensland is the abundance of mangoes! Paying for them was unheard; if you didn't have your own tree your neighbor did. Now I wait until they're under $2 each and enjoy them as a precious treat.
And yes, spring weather in Victoria is notoriously fickle. :)