Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This and that

It's a lovely, quiet morning, with the sun streaming in the windows. The air outside is crisp and snaps your senses to attention the moment it's inhaled. It's the kind of morning that invigorates and makes you just want to 'get on with it'.

I've been sitting and enjoying a cup of tea, while looking over my new diary/planner. It arrived in the post yesterday and I have only just started jotting in birthdays and a few other notes. I know .. I used to make my own planner and keep it in a binder. That works fine, but I guess I've become a little lazier and looked for something pre-printed and of a nice size to slip into my handbag.
I've gone with the butterfly theme, but others were available: Mom's Weekly Planner. (Sample pages are available to view through Amazon, here.) 


Pretty butterfly glitter stickers have been added to some pages, too.  These will be quick reminders of special dates coming up.



A number of pages have already filled up with notes of Maestro's dance competition dates. His very first comps for the year have already happened last weekend, taking all of us up to Shepparton. The troupes did very well (3x 1st place and a 2nd placing), and we enjoyed watching the performances. I personally also enjoyed watching the under 6's perform some song/tap solos; they were so cute!


The weeks leading up to the competitions were spent sewing and knitting costumes. Actually, I had to have two goes at knitting the vest for Maestro. He's so lean that the first was swimming on him! Thankfully a smaller sizing meant it was quicker to work up.

Well, the morning is quickly passing. Mariposa has made a lovely batch of pikelets we can enjoy for morning tea whilst I've been typing, and then we'll start working through our bookwork again.

Have a lovely day all!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Very beautiful diary...I love stationary things! What a lovely morning you had...hopefully it continued for the rest of the day! xxx

Mel said...

Hey there, you really are so clever - you can sew AND knit well! Love the bright orange colour of that vest too! Sounds like a very peaceful morning. Love pikelets! x