Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pyramath - TOS Review

Lessen the boredom by multiplying the fun.
Grab a game and their attention is won!

I'm so glad that I now have an opportunity to share this product review with you!
We absolutely LOVE playing various math games here, especially easy-to-carry-anywhere card games.
Please allow me to introduce you to Pyramath by I-See-Cards .

Pyramath is a seemingly simple pack of cards with numerous possibilities. These cards display the four basic math symbols on one side (ie: +, -, x and ÷ ). The other side will display a numeral between the numbers 0 - 9, alongs with English, Spanish, Chinese, Roman and Arabic translations.

The basic game is set out in a very simple fashion: place 5 or 7 cards alongside each other for the first line. To then place down another card, you must perform an operation (again +, -, x or ÷). Eg: if I had the cards '7' and '2', I could place the card '9' between them to begin building the pyramid, stating that '7 + 2 = 9'.


Mariposa was the most keen to start playing this game, even though she doesn't yet know all of her multiplication facts. We started with simple addition and subtraction, then moved on with the help of the times table chart until she was quite successful at playing the basic solitaire game. Maestro also enjoyed the challenge and worked up to play a game of 'war'. BOTH of the children have improved their automatic math skills in the process of using this game, and have enjoyed doing so throughout the process. It's a game that can cater children from K through to adult.



Games can also be played online. Head on over to the Pyramath game page to select which game you'd like to try (5 card or 7 card). Warning, though ... it IS addictive!!



We received these cards along with an instructional flyer and a 28 page booklet entitled "Dr. Ron's Succeeding in Mathematics with Games". You can view this information on the I-See-Cards website, or go here for the Pyramath instructions in pdf format. Or, you may like to view the instructional video which also offers game variations. The 28 page booklet can also be downloaded here; it gives an overview of some game possibilities per pack of cards, including that of the fractions game Fractazmic, and Prime Bomb.

Pyramath cards can be purchased for $6.95US for the regular pack.

NB - I received this product from TOS for the purpose of review. There is no other compensation and the opinions are my own. Thank you to TOS and I-See-Cards™ for the use of this product. If you'd like to read further reviews on this product, please click HERE.

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great post! Really enjoyed reading it. And love the pictures too. My kids and I also love this game!!
Blessings,

Julie Coney said...

we loved it too!
question?: how come your comments sit on top of your links to other posts? they are hard to see....
:)

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Thank you ladies.

Julie ... I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean. Do you mean the comment 'window' that opens up? It can be minimised to view the page again if that's what you mean.

Julie Coney said...

well it isn't happening now,... but it was when i posted my comment...go figure..lol.

But serveral times when you have maybe only one comment or no comments yet.... the graphic that says 0 lovley comments sits 'over' your 'you might also like' link pictures. instead of being below them...
I have seen it on other blogs too from time to time.... I will go see if I can find a post of yours that is misbehaving ...lol

Linda said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. :)

We are having so much fun with this game. So glad I got the chance to review it. :)

Joyfulmum said...

wow, this looks cool! I've not seen anything like this before, thanks for sharing, I need to check them out:)

Ruby said...

Breaking for two weeks here as well! Have a good break. Love the pics. It is good to get to the end of a term and look back over what has been achieved.
Re: the post a comment thing tha Julie Coney mentioned. I always get a strange overlapping on your blog when I visit. I click on the blog header rather than the title of the post so as to avoid that. I don't know why but yours has done that even before this template :-)

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Thank you Ruby. I'll have to look into that formatting issue .. I don't see it happening here, whether view the whole blog or individual posts.
I have friend who may be able to help. :)

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

I've changed the 'Post a Comment' to embedded, so if this helps/doesn't help, could you please let me know? THANKS!!