Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Focus on the home" day

After such a serene Sabbath day yesterday, we were all geared up to put things in order today.

I always have a regular list of 'to do' jobs on a Sunday, which include the following:
- update budget and file receipts
- make the weekly menu plan
- bake bread (at least 3 loaves)
- catch up on washing, folding and tidying
- sweep, dust and vacuum main living areas

Today hubby started early with his organising. He then had the children each take turns helping clean the cars. Mariposa helped wash and Maestro cleaned inside. Meanwhile, I was in the kitchen, organising the pantry and fridge shelves again, with the bread started and some potato wedges in the oven for lunch.


Now, this afternoon, Mariposa has a dancing friend over for a practice for their exam on Wednesday, then a play.




Maestro is hoping his buddy can come over this afternoon also, sharing their interest in computers.


And right now, I'm going to enjoy a cuppa before heading out to muck out the chicken's laying box. Ah, and gardening needs doing also, so I'll try and work on that for at least 30 minutes too (gardening and I work on the theory of small bites of time are better than no bites!) Then I think it'll be time to get dinner going.

Hope you're all enjoying your day today, too!! ☺

1 comment:

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Sounds like a perfectly lovely day. I'm working on meal plans and school plans as well. We'll be heading to my mother-in-laws in a little while. We always visit her on Sunday.

Fortunately, we have no chickens here, or else with our neighborhood fox, they'd be in big trouble. That fox has been in and out of our yard since spring. Recently, a neighbor's cat was chasing it around in our front yard! I was disappointed to have missed that bizarre sight.

Thanks for the sweet comment on my pix and for dropping by.

Wishing you a blessed day!
:-)