Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Picnic at Albert Park Lake

Sunday was such a lovely day. Warm, sunny, the gentlest breeze blowing .. perfect for a picnic by a lake. Also, an opportunity for hubby to practice rigging up his new sailboat.

The photos turned out darker than I'd hoped, even after fiddling with the exposure.  I'll get it right one day!

The scene from our picnic rug.

Mariposa practicing her cartwheels.











Birdlife on the water: 
black swan and cormorant   


Maestro helps hubby rig the sail boat.



Raising curiosity.


Looking left, then right of the pier at Albert Park Lake, Melbourne.

7 comments:

Miss Maccy said...

That looks like a wonderful afternoon! And the boat looks brilliant!!!

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Thank you! I'll pass your compliment on to DH.
It was a great afternoon. ☺

Louise said...

What a terrific boat, and what a handsome sailor rigging it- terrific cart wheel as well Miss Mariposa

Anonymous said...

Hi Alecat,
What a wonderful afternoon you must have had!

Clever Mariposa!

Have a wonderful week,
Blessings, Jillian ♥

Ganeida said...

Easter/Passover blessings to you all. I am behind on my blog reading. I've been trying to get Dearest's newest blog operational & I'm no techi!

The boat turned out brilliantly! How did she sail? And did the lads enjoy themselves? Looks like a good sailing spot; open water.

Mariposa: I am sooo impressed! I've never been able to do cartwheels like that ~ & it's too late now.

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ganeida said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.