Friday, November 13, 2009

Silver caps and Rhubarb champagne

I'm having such a busy week, blogging's taking a back seat. You see, it's that time of the year when the dance concert is looming and I help with the costume making. I had a lot of fun making these cute little hats. (Mine is the silver one, copied from the gold original).


Lots more costumes have been done, but I've been unable to photograph any as I've lost my battery recharger ... argh! Oh well, I'll get time to do a better search later.

In the meantime, I was prompted to look for a recipe for Rhubarb Champagne. Seeing as the rhubarb is growing perfusly here at the moment, I'm hoping to make some up this weekend. Here's the page I found, with lots of other recipes for children also.


Have fun cooking .. I need to get back to my sewing. :)

3 comments:

Mel said...

Wow! The hat is fantastic! But I think I like the look of your rhubarb champagne even more. :)
We have our dance concert tonight, but thankfully I didn't need to make the costumes! This is the first year thatmy 9 yr old daughter and 11 yr old son have done tap. Lots of nerves and excitement in this house today!!
x

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Thanks Melanie.
I hope you have a wonderful time at the children's concert. It certainly is exciting, isn't it?! I know it's a lot of work, but the joy the children have in presenting all their hard work is just so worth it.
Have a lovely evening. :)

Anonymous said...

The hat is excellent - well done!
Blessings,
Jillian