Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thank you!!




What a lovely surprise! Two dear friends have given me this award: The Fig Tree and Hearts and Hands. I'd love to backtrack and find out how and who started this whole thing. What lovely encouragement, especially for a novice blogger such as myself (blush!!)

The award is to show appreciation and to let them know they make you feel like you've just sipped an ice cold lemonade on a nice, warm day. The Lemonade Award is passed to bloggers for showing great Attitude and/or Gratitude. Now the rules are that I pass this on to 10 other bloggers by way of showing my appreciation. Then contact those you nominate for the award through their blog so they can retrieve the award and pass it on likewise.

I would like to pass this on to By Sun and Candlelight, the very first homeschooling blog I was introduced to and whom I've enjoyed reading for over a year now.

Next, I pass it to my friend and fellow homeschooler who helps me bounce my ideas around and is just lovely company, Miss Maccy Pants.

Also, another dear friend at Living Life and Learning for all her support and encouragement.

Other blogs I find very refreshing (and in no particular order):

Homeschooling Ideas Blog

Living Life in the Suburbs

Adventures in Sideways Living

Towards Sustainability

Down-to-Earth

Homespun Living

Unplug Your Kids

... oh dear, ONLY 10? I could list many more!

Thank you to you all for the encouragement and inspiration you offer, sharing your talents with many like myself.

10 comments:

Debbie said...

You are so kind to mention me ALecat, and I thankyou!

I would also like to say it is the easiest thing in the world to be your friend, because you are a lovely, caring, gracious and thoughtful lady. Yes, you are all that...and so much more!

xo

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nomination - that is lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the mention. I am very honoured.
And delighted to have found your blog!! I love your chickens. We had chickens for a while and I do miss them them.

Rhonda Jean said...

Hello Alecat, thank you so much for the award. I appreciate it. :- )

Minni Mum said...

Hi Alecat, Thank you for the award nomination, how wonderful! Take care :-)

home handymum said...

Hi Alecat,

Thankyou so much for the award, that's lovely :)

And I like the idea of origami for maths! I can add that to my list of 'maths without being worksheets' things. Brilliant.

Cee said...

Hi there Alecat, I popped over from Towards Sustainability after seeing your comment for Julie there and I have really enjoyed reading your blog. The music has really brought me in actually while usually people's playlists grate on me while I read, yours is lovely. Thankyou.

I think I might have to add you to my Bloglines list. It will be lovely to get to know you more.

Cheers Cee

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Thank you Cee, and nice to 'meet' you. :)

The music is a selection from memories; the first being my 'wedding march'. I know not everyone likes music playing whilst reading, but I did hope this selection wasn't too distracting.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much alecat! What a lovely award - you made my day!

homespun living said...

Alecat, thank you so much for the kind mention, and congratulations on your own well-deserved awards.
Kindly,

Deb