Sunday, October 2, 2011

Treasured Moments (3)

We started off having a lovely weekend, but today I'm the one who's ill, unfortunately.  Having slept most of the day away, my tummy's decided I'm peckish again.  So, whilst I'm sipping some hot tea and dry toast, I thought I'd make an entry into my blog again. Besides, it's nice to reflect back on the good things that happened during the week.

Do you find yourself falling into a pattern of daily grind, skipping the 'fun' activities because you don't have time or lack energy?

Do creative arts, nature walks, drama, read alouds or spontaneous acts seem only a distant dream in your life?

Yet these Treasured Moments shared with loved ones uplift us, nurture our soul, remind us of the beauty and joy in our lives.

We want Treasured Moments for ourselves, for our children, for our families but how can we make it happen?

... Commitment ... Encouragement ... Support ... Ideas ... Plans.

You are invited to join us at the end of every week and share your plans and ideas, your targets and goals and your stories ... your 'Treasured Moments'. In this way we may inspire one another, encourage ourselves and start achieving our dreams. Hosted by Erin at Seven Little Australians and Counting.

My Treasured Moments this week are:  
1.  The children have had a week of minimal screen time, which means playing lots of games, chatting, baking and catching up with friends. We've had time at the park, been out for a lovely luncheon with other families, and had Mariposa's friend spend a day and evening with us. I felt like this has been a great week for settling back into 'getting to know you' time.  Yesterday, in particular, I was delighted with the level of conversations that were happening here.

2. I've started reading a couple of new books, on loan from friends.  The first is "The Soloist".  It's a very moving book about how a journalist chances to meet with an accomplished musician. This man has extraordinary talent, but how did he come to be living on the streets?  I'm about 1/3 or way into this book, and I get the feeling that this journalist is learning what many of us would need to learn in order to really HELP someone .. there's no easy quick fix.

The other book I'm reading is called "Hold on to Your Kids".  This is all about attached parenting, and building wholesome relationships in the family.

3. Today, the children were wonderful helping out around the house and looking after me with extra pillows and drinks of water.  I even had the window opened so I could see the lovely day outside, and smell the native frangipani which has just come into flower.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time to your site, saw the link from sevenlittleaustralians ... I love your welcome blessing & quote ... a good daily reminder. I don't normally comment on blogs but was struck by your intro (Hope you're well again!) and your appealing writing style that struck a chord. Thanks for writing. PC.

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Thank you for the compliment, PC.

I'm well on the road to recovery, but I think I'll need a couple more days to be my 'old self' again. In the meantime, we keep marching on. :)

Ruby said...

Hope you feel better soon. I am making another attempt at commenting.

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Thank you Ruby. :)

Erin said...

Cat
Encouraging you in your no.1. It really does make a difference, finding the balance.
I'd love to read 'Hold onto your Kids' heard so many good things about it.
Do hope you are feeling better soon.
PS I fixed the link, sort of, I changed providers but really need to upgrade.
thanks for joining in:)

Anonymous said...

Loved your post C.

We watched The Soloist a few years ago and really enjoyed it..

A friend talked about Attached Parenting book and this is the first I have read about it.

Hope you are well now.

PS been struggling to upload comment s

Blessings
Chareen
www.everybedofroses.blogspot.com/

Chareen said...

Hello C :)

Seeing your books in this that you are reading I would love to know about some others so have tagged you here:

http://everybedofroses.blogspot.com/2011/10/mothers-basket-of-books.html

Mel said...

Oh these moments all sound wonderful! It's often the simple things isn't it! I like this idea of writing about moments such as these.. Life gets busy and sometimes we don't see how blessed we are. I just had a beautiful 'treasured moment' reading a Richard Scary book to my 3 year old before his bedtime. Hope you are well again! Mel x